Through our R&D activities we enhance the municipalities´ capacity for renewal together with our strategic partners: local authorities, central government and other R&D actors in the municipal sector.
Our strength is multi-sectoral competence and a comprehensive vision of local government activities. Together with our affiliated companies, we offer broad development competence and environments to local authorities and our other interest groups.
Our research and development activities include:
- A comprehensive vision of local government activities and multi-sectoral expert know-how
- New information that promotes local government development and innovative practices
- Networking opportunities
- A dialogue between research and practice
- A versatile range of products to support local government development: publications, online services and training and consultancy services together with our affiliated companies.
Our main priorities:
- Municipal management and opportunities of local residents to contribute
- Local government services and service structure
- Municipal finances
- Viable regions
- Availability and competence of staff
- Climate change
- Local authorities and the market
- Redefinition of the Association´s policies and activities