Training activities are expected to improve the co-operation between the local governments by providing a platform for the exchange of presentations, ideas and feedback. In addition, the training activities are designed to enhance the reciprocity and participation of the local governments as well as to support mutual and equal learning.
The topics of seminars and other training activities include:
• Guidelines for co-operation
• Project and financial administration
• The international and development policy framework of the programme
• High quality co-operation
• Usage of guidelines
• Specific themes of the programme
• Best practices: Learning from others and peer support
• Development of the programme
• New ideas and initiatives from the local governments
Upcoming training activities
North-South Local Government Co-operation conferenrence in Windhoek, Namibia is postponed until year 2013.
For Finnish coordinators two trainings will be organised during the year 2012
•Project planning and financial administration, Helsinki, 29.2.
•Reporting and best practicies, Helsinki, 20.-21.11.